Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One Small Step

Hello brave new world! 
I have been toying with the idea of a blog for a while now, a place to blurt out all the things that run around inside my head. For the most part, this is likely to hold images and verse centred on home improvement, as they are the type of blogs I have been most interested in reading in my own time and a lot of my time is spent thinking about how to improve my current abode. I might even fit in some 'family', some food and some fun posts too!

Let me introduce "Muriel". The house was built in 1998 and appears to have been a rental for many years until my partner (let's call him Mr Muriel for now) and I bought it in 2009. Previous to that, we had been living here as renters so we had some knowledge of what needed to be improved straight away and what could wait. 
We were fortunate enough to purchase the house from Mr Muriel's parents and so some improvements were made when we were still renting. I may cover those in a later post.

For the most part, we are slow and uncertain renovators. Our tastes are somewhat similar thankfully, but unfortunately they tend to run to the 'champagne on a beer budget' scale, so we sit back, save and wait until things NEED to be done. The list of things still to come is relatively short, but right now it feels pretty insurmountable! So please stay tuned while I figure out this blogging thing and how I want it to grow and hopefully we'll have some fun together along the way!


EDIT: "Mr Muriel" has since read the first few posts and indicated he doesn't want to be called that, so you'll see him referred to as "PK" instead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia