Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Jump in My Car- Pt2

Yesterday I showed you how I brought function back to our garage with a simple solution of a few old cardboard boxes, masking tape and a Sharpie. I knew that it wasn't a long term solution, but I was pretty happy with my efforts. That is, until PK one-upped me! The show off went and designed a storage system that is not only a lot better looking than my industrial-shabby-chic attempt, but it is super strong, made to last and also has a wider scope in terms of what it corrals. Let me show you a few pics:
North wall
South wall
The wall system has various hooks and buckets and shelves that attach to the product (which you bolt into the wall) and you can arrange (and rearrange) them in any combination you like. This particular product is called Flexiwall but there are a few on the market with similar properties. You could cover entire walls with the stuff, like wallpaper- they even make a product for your floor and floating shelves to utilise the ceiling space! I'm sure PK wants our garage to end up looking something like the promo pic:
Mmmm organisation
I must admit, it's pretty good to be able to put the brooms and shovels up out of the way, knowing that they aren't going to fall onto our cars in the night! And it gave us a storage option for things that we had no idea what we were going to with- like the newly acquired ladder! Now, keep in mind that this is still just a work in progress and that PK doesn't actually know I'm posting it yet. He told me I wasn't to post pictures of "his" walls until it was "finished", but heavens knows when that might be! Also, he doesn't read this lil blog of mine all too often, so I think I might just get away with it! :)
Plenty of space for more tools!
As PK adds more hooks and storage buckets, you can be sure I'll bring you more pictures! 
  
Psst! Did you spot the large bolty looking thing in the corner of the North wall picture? PK used to work at a bolt factory and brought this home as a present for me! And in the South wall photo, that is indeed my much neglected bicycle- I really need to get back into riding!
P.S. FromMuriel received no payment for mentioning this product. It just works for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia