Monday, March 14, 2011

Sad Day

Sad Day by risquillo
Sad Day a photo by risquillo on Flickr.
I'm feeling a little under the weather today and I just wish that the actual weather outside reflected that- it is in fact a bright sunshiny day with a top temp of 34°C! It might be because I've been on night shift at work again (which is always draining) and I'm therefore incredibly sleep deprived but without access to my favourite pick me up- coffee- because it's packed away in a box somewhere. Everything is in a box somewhere- just getting breakfast involves about three trips between the garage where the fridge is being stored and the spare room where the majority of boxes are and the study where our one chair is available.

It might be because there is dust EVERYWHERE and no matter what I do, it just keeps building. I've been trying to restrain my natural inclination to clean because I know it is futile while we still have no floor covering or skirting boards, no benchtop in the kitchen (it is being measured tomorrow) and all of our large furniture items are being stored in the garage.

It could also be because I haven't really stopped since before the long weekend and the constant adrenaline high is finally catching up with me.

Either way, today I'm a little down and I'm just looking forward to having all my things where I expect them to be and being able to get rid of this infernal dust!

Hope you're having a better Monday! Fingers crossed this mood has passed by Wednesday- I really need some inspiration this week!

2 comments:

carla said...

:-( I totally feel for you in this situation. I had a friend who renovated a house including a kitchen and put another storey on her house, the whole thing was a total mess........I would NOT like to go through anything like that. But they then sold that house and did exactly the same again in the next house! Crazy :-/ Anyway hope you make it through, stay strong and think of how it is all going to be worth it in the end. c xx

Cathy said...

Thanks for the kind words Carla! I know the end product will be amazing, its just all a little overwhelming at the moment- plus there's all of this craziness in Japan! I feel so petty for complaining about mess when there is bigger stuff like that going on!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia