Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WOW: Day Trippin'

Over the weekend, PK and I took a short day trip north, along the WA coast to Lancelin. We drove around the small coastal town for a bit and then took PK's car offroad onto the sand at Wedge Point. When we got hot, we simply stepped out for a dip in the pristine water:
Once we were suitably cooled off, we made the journey home again. On the way up there, I had been excited by the many signs of fresh fruit on sale from producers (eg "Fresh Strawberries" and "Grapes $3.99/kg"!) but there was one in particular that I demanded that we stopped off at on the return journey: The Mango Farm! (yes, The Mango Farm, not just any old mango farm!) I wish I had got a picture of their funny signs everywhere, but I did manage to pick up a few delicious examples:
The scent that these little beauties are making is my mouth water as I write this- I'll try to keep from drooling! The farm was amazing, you can wander around the orchard and pick your own mangoes or just pick up a pre-packed bag from the shed. We did a little of both and brought home enough mangoes to share with a few lucky family members -nearly 5kg! Buying direct from the grower is really so much cheaper and although we may have gone a little overboard, it was great to share them around! Who doesn't like mangoes?

The smaller ones don't have as much of a seed and were ready to eat- so you can guess how long they've lasted! The larger ones were still a little too green, so methinks the delectable aroma of mangoes will be wafting From Muriel for some time to come! Anyone have any good mango recipes to share?
 

3 comments:

carla said...

sounds like you had a great day, I lurve lancelin !!! And I love Mangos, where is this mango farm? Gotta get me some mangos!! ;o)

Cathy said...

Hey Carla! If you drive north on Wanneroo Road, you'll start to see the signs for the fruit growers a little after Joondalup Drive. The Mango Farm was the only one we saw selling mangoes. Sorry I don't remember the street it was on exactly, but just follow the signs and your nose!

carla said...

HeHe!! Thanks Cathy ;o)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia