Friday, May 20, 2011

Many Things

I'm a little all over the place at the moment- I was in Adelaide last week for a work conference (I scheduled some posts before I went) so I'm still sort of catching up from that. Plus I've been on nights again (always throws me out), so please excuse this haphazard post!
Image by Night Owl
Unfortunately my little journey last week was all work, not pleasure. I didn't get to see any of the buildings that Adelaide ("City of Churches") is famous for- but I did see their pandas! The Adelaide Zoo currently has two pandas, "Wang-Wang" and "Funi" which we were lucky enough to watch eating a whopping mass of bamboo on the Thursday night.
Image by ABC News
I'm slowly learning how to use the new oven with all of its multiple functions- last week before I abandoned the new kitchen for Adelaide I roasted some turkey and this week I used it to bake a pie! It turned out pretty good too, if I do say so myself! Actually, I don't really need to say it myself, the fact that it disappeared quickly speaks for itself really :)
Oreo has been having fun finding out what is at the top of the new cupboards- without the help of a ladder- naughty kitty! He got his punishment today though- I took him to the vet for his annual vaccination. He really dislikes being in the car and will let out the most plaintive cries when I have to drive him somewhere!
You might see that we've given him a new collar too. The old one was getting a little shabby looking so we thought he deserved some new bling! Its reflective which is supposed to help his 'prey' spot him, but he has already adapted to the bells and attacks before you even realise he was stalking you! We'll have to keep a close eye on him for sure.

In missing posting for most of this week I think I managed to skip all of the annoyance that other Blogger users faced when Blogger went down this week. If you received duplicate entries in your inbox or reader from any Blogger hosted blogs, that's the reason- apologies if it happened with mine. I think I avoided that issue but any comments made over that time may have been lost to the black hole of the internet. So if you feel so inclined, please comment again!

This weekend PK and I are going to a windsurfing lesson (my first!!), PK's sailing end-of-season presentations, my friend is having a karaoke birthday party and then on Sunday, a close friend is getting married! PK is a groomsman and I can't wait to see him all suited up- he generally scrubs up really well ;) So it's going to be a pretty full on weekend! Hopefully I'll be more 'with it' next week- I have so much to share with you! What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

BadgerBrock said...

That's amazing you've got to explore Adelaide's Zoo. Though sorry to hear that you have a little time on sightseeing.


Check my Blog
Real Estate Guide

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia