Thursday, May 26, 2011

Time Keeps On Slippin

This week is just flying by and today is the first chance I've had to recap the weekend that was! That's pretty bad, really- its nearly this weekend already! I should definitely get myself better organised... maybe this weekend I'll get on top of all of the posts that I have swirling around in my head. There are only so many hours in the day and most days lately I feel like I am racing the clock!
Contest timer by JAMAR Design
So, on Saturday PK and I went windsurfing with another couple that PK knows from his work (and also sailing). PK had picked these lessons up from Scoupon much earlier in the year and we had been trying to use them ever since. But since I work many weekends, that cuts down the available times to do things like this- plus you have to have the right wind conditions. One month there was one weekend where I wasn't working and the wind was perfect- and I was sick! So that is how we ended up doing windsurfing in such an unlikely time of year.
PK showing me how its done
I was a bit worried because, besides the inclement weather (overcast and cool), all of the others had some experience with windsurfing. And of course both boys have sailing experience, which definitely helps when understanding how to catch the wind in the sail! On the other hand, I am essentially a watersports newbie. PK has taken me out on the water before but let's just say it wasn't a positive experience! So I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I was up and flying on the wind! My only problem was getting back against the wind- maybe something I might improve on with more lessons? I definitely had a great time and I have the bruises to prove it ;)
Getting the hang of it!
Straight after we got back from Safety Bay (where the lesson was held- about an hour's journey) we had to rush through the shower and get dressed up for the presentation night. That lasted all night and although I usually don't enjoy the sailing nights as much as PK, I had a great time! PK and his skipper didn't place this season for their division, but there is always next season!
The following day was our friend's wedding that PK was a groomsman for and true to my prediction, he scrubbed up real good like :) I kind of ran out of time on that day too: PK and I picked up two other groomsmen and then I dropped off the three off at the groom's house (an hour round journey) at midday. The wedding was due to start at 3:30pm, so I thought I had plenty of time to get back home, get myself ready and then get to the wedding (forty minutes from Muriel) on time. But with all the travelling around, I only just made it there before the bride did!! Ooopps! It was a lovely ceremony though and the the reception afterwards was just as fun- though we didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning. It was a good thing that I had a later start on Monday so that I could sleep in. It was only tiredness that I had to sleep off though- I was the DD!
How did you spend your weekend passed? Or for that matter the week nearly gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia