Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Musical Drawers

I've shown you a couple of the drawers in use so far- here and here -but I did say that they may not necessarily stay that way didn't I? Recently I decided that a few of the drawers just weren't working. So I re-arranged them! A few miscellaneous items found their way into the study- I don't think I'll show you that drawer just yet! It's a little... er... messy ;)
We were keeping the cling wrap, aluminium foil and baking paper in the narrow drawer under the main pantry. It was an ideal location for it, central to everything, close to the fridge and the microwave- we even designed the drawer with that use in mind. But after having them there for over a month, it was proving to be the wrong place. The cling wrap kept being left on the bench as we were finding it annoying to keep crossing the kitchen to get it. So, the solution? Move it to where we kept leaving it! Ta da!
So much easier to find now!
I did have the knives in the drawer to the left of the oven, thinking it would be convenient to have them displayed that way (so I could see what size I wanted straight away). Several friends suggested it was a little creepy, reminiscent of "Psycho" or something...
Does my knife placement scare you?
Also I found it wasn't so convenient after all. So out came the knife block that I had put away and after a good clean I put it to use again. The knives now sit on the bench in easy reach and this drawer is being used for the BBQ gear from the big drawer. Simple!
Have you tried any simple, free adjustments lately? Its really surprising how a little switcheroo can make your day that much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia