Thursday, January 19, 2012

365 Days a Year: Jan 18

We recently bought some new curtains for the dining room and after washing them, they've just been hanging there- unhemmed and unironed. *Shock!!*

Last night I made an attempt at using the iron-on adhesive tape they came with to hem them, after ironing the rest of the curtain. Epic fail! It took me over an hour to iron the curtain itself and then either the tape doesn't work or my iron doesn't get hot enough because it wasn't sticking! I was definitely happy to have all that extra bench space to assist me though, because it would have become so dirty using only the ironing board.

The effort was worth it in that the one panel I did looks much better but I think it might be time to borrow the sewing machine from my mum...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia