Monday, January 23, 2012

365 Days a Year: Jan 20, 21 & 22

There was a massive storm that rolled through Perth last Friday morning- this is the pic I took of it as I was waiting at a set of traffic lights. I thought the cloud formations were just amazing! There was so much lightning that everyone on the freeway was going slowly, distracted by the natural fireworks! And then, before you could even enjoy the brief relief from the summer heat, the clouds cleared and the sun came out again.
I have finally started getting my ideas in order with regards to the wedding! I went to my first bridal salon on Saturday -followed by a quick visit to a bridal expo as well! It's not reeeeeeally kosher to be taking photos at these things. In fact, at the bridal shop I had to sign a document saying that I wouldn't! But one little pic of a possible bridesmaid dress couldn't possibly hurt right? I took a brochure from this stall to make sure I pay them a visit later as well :)
On Sunday PK and I had some of his family over for morning tea. We had a few bananas on the verge of over-ripe, so I whipped up some banana bread and a few mini-muffins with the left over. Although there are stacks of recipes for this type of thing, I just did a quick search and used this version, with wholemeal SR flour substituted for regular SR flour. Tasted pretty good!

What did you get up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia