Monday, January 9, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine

Hello hello!! How was your weekend? Did you go out and enjoy the sunshine? There was oodles of it here in Perth and PK and I probably packed as much as we possibly could have into it. Starting with Friday night, PK and I attended the presentation night for PK's sailing nationals- this marked the end of a couple of weeks of non-stop this:
Then on Saturday and Sunday, we began tackling some house projects, long overdue, such as this junk pile:

That's one hot mess there! I'm sad to admit it, but this little corner is only a small representation of the chaos that we had going on in our car space lately. And by lately, I mean pretty much all year since the kitchen reno. It was getting a little out of hand, so it was definitely time for some attention!

You might recall a post last year where I showed you all how PK and I had totally pimped out our garage? You don't? Well, quick get back there and check it out! I'll be filling you in on what we implemented to improve on that first stage and I wouldn't want you to wonder what it looked like originally! :)
Remember the boxes?
Added to the mix, PK did some kite-surfing, I did a little gardening and a lot of house chores and we also took in some culture at an outdoor movie. A film with subtitles no less! I was pretty happy that I managed to wangle that one for "date night" as its not usually something we would do. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it did lead to a lengthy discussion afterward and all in all was a great night out!

PK also graciously assisted me in a little inside decoration as well, which I will be posting about in due time. I know that I have a few posts to catch up on at the moment, so bear with me while I sort through them all! Hopefully this week I'll be able to clear the backlog of promised updates ;)
One of the elephants in the room!
In other news, how are you enjoying the 365 Days a Year series? I started out just posting the pictures because it was easy that way. But then I thought it would be more interesting (for you and for me reading back on them later) if I included a little blurb about the image. Also, it is truer to Benita's inspiration. So if you missed it, I went back to last week's images and updated them with a little spiel about each.

I'm having a great time taking them- some days it's difficult to pick which one to post! I hope I can keep up this enthusiasm! You might have noticed I'm sort of in love with Instagram as well. It takes my mediocre iPhone pics to another level I think. Look out for this afternoon's post which will have Friday, Saturday and Sunday's photos all at once!

So now you're all up to date (with the weekend here at least!), how did you spend your weekend? Were you getting dirty in the garden or sweating up a storm, moving heavy items around the garage like us? Or did you take it easy in your last few days before going back to work? Perhaps there is also a film festival showing in your part of the world? I'd love to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia