Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome to the Future!

If you are reading this message, it means that at the stroke of midnight the world did not end!! We made it! Now, of course this doesn't mean that the Armageddon will not arrive some time this year, but I believe we are safe enough for now ;)
Unlike my Christmas decorations!
As well as marking the new year, this post also happens to be From Muriel's ONE HUNDREDTH POST!!!! How amazing is that?! It's totally bewildering to me that I have written enough words or taken, edited and loaded enough photos to make it this far, but here we are! I must thank you dear readers, of course, because without you checking in, reading my musings (and even occasionally commenting) I probably wouldn't have persevered. Oreo needs no such reassurance, though! :)
Around this time of year, a lot of people start making promises to themselves, resolutions if you will. Super-bloggers YHL did it so you know it must be a good idea! :) I don't tend to make any as I usually forget them before I manage to achieve them! However, last year I had an idea that I wanted to start writing a blog and it was no more than that. But see how well I did with that!
This year I want to follow in the footsteps of Benita at Chez Larsson and undertake a photographic journey through the year! I don't think I will be alone in this as many people have enjoyed her 365 Days projects in the past- just call me a late adopter. I am by no means a photographer and I don't think that I'll be carrying around a DSLR every day to capture images, but I think it would be interesting to share some special moments from my day. Be prepared for some interesting iPhone pics peeps! I also have some grand ideas for Muriel this year, although not as big as the kitchen reno! I'll be checking in soon with that list, because you all know I love making lists!

As you can tell, Oreo had a fun over the weekend attacking some of the decorations, as he has for the entire time they have been up (grrrrrrr!). PK and I had a great time seeing in the New Year with good friends. How did you celebrate? Did you manage to stay awake until the stroke of midnight? Was there champagne and sparklers where you were as well? Tell me all about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia