Monday, April 23, 2012

365 Days a Year: Apr 20, 21 & 22

Apr 20
So there is sunshine in Sydney! Finally! Pity it only really came out for my last day in town huh?! :) Oh well, at least it made my last walk down the hill pleasant! I was glad that the forecast 'flooding rains' appeared to have cleared enough to let me fly home because I had a big weekend planned...
Apr 21
Pinata time! It was my birthday weekend, so I definitely had to be home for that! I managed to squeeze in quite a bit on Saturday, with a visit to the gym (very necessary after all that hotel food!), to see my mumsie and I also did a whole lot of prep for a PARTY! I asked for a Mexican theme, so we had a pinata, pin the tail on the donkey (loosely linked I'll admit!), guacamole, salsa, nachos, quesadillas and even caramel flan (aka creme caramel)! And of course, no mexican theme night is complete without tequila! I had a greeeeeaaat time- I hope my guests did too!

Apr 22
Sunday was my actual birthday, so you might think I would have taken some time out... But nope! PK and I spent the majority of the day raising money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS). PK is participating in an event called the Outback Air Race this year, which is a flying contest that provides much needed funds for this important service. This was a day of lawn bowls, organised by the OAR committee to contribute towards the overall funds raised. It was a fun day with great weather (a welcome change after the rain in Sydney!), though I must admit by mid afternoon I was definitely starting to feel all of those late nights from the last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia